Council for Social Development
The Council for Social Development came into existence in the year 1962 as an informal study group of social workers and social scientists having a common interest in working towards a just social order in India. Between 1963 and 1969, a number of consultations and seminars on pressing social and developmental issues were organised by this group of eminent scholars under the leadership of Dr. Durgabai Deshmukh, the eminent sociologist and social worker... Read more
CSD in NEWS
Release of Building a Just World, Essays in Honour of Muchkund Dubey at Rashtrapati Bhavan
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee receives the first copy of Building a Just World, Essays in Honour of Muchkund Dubey, in Rashtrapati Bhavan on September 21, 2015. The first copy was presented by eminent cultural historian Shrimati Kapila Vatsyaynan who formally released the book. Click Here
- The Social Development Forum of Council for Social Development in association with the Institute of Chinese Studies organised lecture by Dr. Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Advisor, Government of India. Dr Subramaniam spoke on Dealing with the Rise of China: What Should the World and India Do? Date and Time: August 31, 2015, 5.00-7.15 pm. Venue: August 31, 2015 Seminar Hall 1&2, Kamala Devi Block, India International Centre, New Delhi.
Programme of the Meeting with the Delegation from Mauritius Day: Tuesday Date: 22 -09-2015 Time: 3.00 PM at DDML Hall
The Social Development Forum of CSD invites you to a discussion on Topic: Negotiating Public Space via Art Speaker: Sreejata Roy Time: 3.00 PM Date: 28 April 2016, Thursday Venue: Durgabai Deshmukh Memorial Lecture Hall, CSD
The Social Development Forum of CSD holds its annual discussion on the Union Budget to assess the macro economic and social sector development prospects. The discussion gives special focus on social sector situation mainly education, health, rural and agriculture and SCs, STs, Minorities and Women.
We are holding this year discussion on the 15th of March 2016 in the Durgabai Deshmukh Memorial Lecture Hall, CSD, New Delhi. Click here
Social Change September 2015
Social Change December 2015
The Council for Social Development held a memorial meeting on the 18th of February, 2016, to mourn the sad demise of Prof. Randhir Singh, an eminent Marxist scholar, a popular teacher and a fine humanist. Prof. Randhir Singh was not only a philosopher and teacher, but a man of action who would often be seen on the streets fighting for the rights of the people. His contribution to teachings, human rights practices and to the preparation of a group of young students and teachers would be remembered for ever. The Council also recollects the memory of Prof. Randhir Singh who gave Durgabai Deshmukh Memorial Lecture in 2008 on a very important subject: Indian Politics in the Age of Globalization. We in the Council place on record our deep sense of sorrow, and pray to God to give him peace in heaven.
23 February, 2016 Ashok Pankaj
Social Development Forum
Multiple Crises in the Indian Economy Challenges for the NDA Government Click here to download
- A Citizens' Agenda for Change Click here to download
- International Summit on Empowering of Rural Women Photos
- Special Initiatives by India, China and Russia in the World Order (CSD, New Delhi)
- Status of Higher Education (CSD, New Delhi)